Here’s something refreshing and healthy to drink. It’s really easy to make, too! I highly recommend it to nursing mothers and those who exercise a lot because we lose water and essential minerals whenever we sweat. The main ingredient of this drink is COCONUTS, rich in vitamins, nutrients and electrolytes.
Time to make the COCO CHIA drink 🙂
Young coconut meat
Pre-soacked Chia seeds (at least 30 minutes in water)
Natural sweetener like coconut sugar or honey
Directions: If you want it real easy, just blend coconut meat, coconut water/juice and then mix in presoaked chia seeds. I choose to add pure honey because it tastes better with a little sweetener. If you want a shake version of this, you may add nutmilk and ice but I prefer having my drinks without ice.
Want to know more nutritional benefits to this simple drink? Mercola says coconut water is —
- Rich in natural vitamins (especially the B vitamins), minerals, and trace elements (including zinc, selenium, iodine, sulfur, and manganese). Vitamins are necessary for the enzymatic reactions your cells need in order to function.
- Full of amino acids, organic acids, enzymes, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Rich source of electrolytes and natural salts, especially potassium and magnesium.
- Light, low-calorie and nearly fat-free, as well as low in sugar but pleasantly sweet—contains about a fifth of the sugar of other fruit juices, like apple or grape juice, as well as containing a little fiber to moderate absorption.
- Rich in cytokinins, or plant hormones, which have anti-aging, anti-cancer, and anti-thrombolytic effects in humans.
Where To Buy Ingredients:
Go to your local market and stock up on fresh coconuts (buko) it only costs 25-35 Philippine pesos per piece (less than a dollar!).
Chia seeds may be bought online from The Healthy Grocery
Make sure you buy raw / organic honey or sugar. We like using Tobee’s Apiary honey and Coco Natura sugar