Dry Brushing is a relaxing practice that you can add to your Self Care regimen. Not only does it leave your skin feeling good and looking healthy, it’s detoxing as well and provides many health benefits.
Some of the benefits of dry brushing include:
- Stimulates the lymphatic flow thereby helping the body release toxins naturally.
- Increased circulation reduces appearance of cellulite.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells, cleans pores, resulting to softer, brighter skin.
Dry Brushing step by step:
- Step in the shower naked, make sure you’re dry.
- Brush your skin from the feet and toward your heart in long, sweeping strokes, following the lymph flow. Make sure to brush several times and that all areas are covered.
- Lather up once you’re done brushing, use all natural or organic soap to wash away dead skin cells.
- Rinse up, alternating between hot and cold water stimulates blood circulation
- After showering, apply a plant-based oil (we like coconut oil), and air dry or lightly dry with a towel.
- Use a natural bristle brush, you may purchase one in our shop.
- Don’t brush too hard, especially in areas where skin is sensitive on the neck and breasts.
- The best time to dry brush is first thing in the morning as it leaves you feeling rejuvenated and energized!
Do this everyday and notice the wonders it does to your skin and health!